Hopkins Concrete Ltd is the leading Concrete business in Somerset and Devon. Our innovative products and solutions deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the local economy.
We offer exciting, challenging careers that provide excellent development opportunities and an attractive remuneration (including overtime rate) and benefits package for the right calibre of applicant.
We are currently looking for HGV Drivers Class 2 to join our team in Wincanton, Somerset, close to Yeovil.
We are open to Part-Time Drivers, Weekend Drivers and Job Shares.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, HGV Driver is responsible for delivering concrete and aggregates to our large customer base.
As a driver with a current CPC card and relevant experience, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient delivery and dispensing of our range of products to customer locations.
Joining our team as a driver, you will ensure all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail. Complete daily vehicle checks with regards to safety and keep the truck in acceptable condition and comply with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires a qualified and competent HGV Class 1 / 2 Driver. You will be also able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to participating in and contributing to a safe working environment at all times
- A commitment to driving within the legal requirements of a driver.
- Good communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent time keeping
- The ability to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Part-Time/Job Share
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited