Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
Operating out of strategically located centres, with a large directly employed workforce and extensive plant fleet we have the flexibility and resources to respond swiftly to clients’ needs. Our experience embraces both the public and private sectors and includes major and minor capital projects, framework and term maintenance contracts, partnering and joint venture alliances. As a regional company, we have an inherent interest in the social, economic and environmental well-being of the areas within which we live and work. We invest in these local communities through every project we undertake.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac Plc, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH.
We are currently seeking a HR Coordinator to join the HR Team in Griffiths business, based in Abergavenny.
We strive to make Griffiths an even better place to work by creating a culture which attracts and recruits highly talented people from diverse backgrounds. This role is key.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the centralised Tarmac Resourcing Hub and the local HR Team to lead, coordinate and manage the Griffiths recruitment and selection processes as well as undertake industry benchmarking activities to ensure the business and its employment offerings are competitive and attractive in the marketplace.
With regards to Recruitment - the role will liaise with business leaders to guide and coach them through the internal headcount approval process, partner with the Tarmac Resourcing Hub to advertise and manage proactive recruitment campaigns and activities as well as support and train managers to undertake best practice local interviewing and assessment processes.
With regards to Selection – the role will help create training materials to support, coach and upskill line managers on best practice interviewing skills as well as create, develop and lead Assessment Centres – focusing on attracting and selecting the best talent. With the support of the HR Administrator, the role will oversee the preparation and issue of new starter paperwork and link into the Employee Onboarding experience.
In addition, the role will drive the compensation and benefit agenda for the business – ensuring Griffiths remains an attractive and competitive employer in a dynamic market place. The role will lead the development of a job banding and role compensation framework – ensuring salary ranges are established and annual market place benchmarking activities take place to ensure we continually challenge our employment offerings and make Griffiths an even more attractive place to work.
You will also:
- Liaise with hiring manages to understand their recruitment needs ensuring job descriptions are up to date and headcount request documentation and processes are followed
- Coach and advise hiring managers on best practice recruitment & selection processes, driving a more consultative customer focused and efficient experience
- Upskill hiring managers to follow best practice interviewing and assessment processes
- In partnership with business leaders create and facilitate competency based role specific Assessment Centres
- Track and process employee referral payments
- Build relationships and partnerships with internal customers (hiring managers, IT, payroll, etc)
- With the support of the HR Administrator – create and complete the new starter process from offer documentation, pre-hire checks, onboarding experience including first day set up and induction/onboarding processes
- Represent Griffiths at recruitment events, such as career fairs, open days, preparing information packs and gathering information from suitable candidates - in order to promote and improve the Griffiths offering
The Ideal Candidate
- Background in recruiting, resourcing or candidate assessment (HR)
- Attention to detail, awareness of data protection requirements and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent planning, organising and administration skills
- Strong written communication skills, with proven IT capabilities
- Ability to coach and influence at a range of levels within the organisation
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to identify trends, problems, solutions and enable informed recommendations to the business
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Car/Allowance (where applicable)
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited