HR Manager - South East
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to play a key part in the delivery of a comprehensive HR service across our Contracting businesses within the South East region. The Contracting businesses in the South East employs circa 600, within our Pave, Riney, Tarmac Kier JV and Norfolk Highway Services businesses.
It is likely that the role will predominantly be based within Kent, however regional travel will be necessary, to meet the requirements of the roles remit.
This is a busy and varied role. Typical responsibilities include:
- Supporting the MD, General Manager and other members of the senior leadership team with tactical HR advice.
- Design and deliver plans which ensure we have the best people in place to deliver on our service agreements to clients.
- Managing employee relations, organisational change and delivering projects which will range across workforce planning, future of skills, learning and development etc.
- Take charge of initiatives which improve the employee experience of working at Tarmac. This include everything from on-boarding through to performance reviews and exit.
- Supporting and coaching managers in their leadership and people management capabilities.
- Managing an HR Advisor.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have proven experience of delivering a comprehensive HR service to a regionally based workforce in a fast paced environment, as well as being able to communicate and interact at mid to senior levels, challenging or supporting as appropriate. It is likely you will have performed a HR management role previously, and you’re now looking for your next career challenge.
Your background does not necessarily have to be from the same industry as we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
You will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including: Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement Contributory pension scheme Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc. Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice. Training and development opportunities
Tarmac Trading Limited