HR Manager - Packed Products
Tarmac's performance is down to the people who work here. This is why our HR Manager roles are critical in ensuring that we attract and develop talent, drive engagement across all levels of the workforce, as well as determining the future skills and working practices we need to be successful now and in the future.
We're now looking for an experienced HR Manager for one of our operational businesses. The purpose of this role is to deliver a comprehensive HR service which supports up to 600 employees.
This is a busy and varied role. Typical responsibilities include:
- Providing a high level and commercially focused HR service to senior management teams across the business area. You may support them with challenges such as workforce planning, new policies and operational efficiencies.
- You'll implement, monitor and adhere to HR policies, initiatives and projects.
- Talent attraction and development is part of the role and you'll work alongside L&D and TA teams to ensure succession planning is delivered and new hires are made.
- We're working hard to create an inclusive workplace where employees belong, so we put emphasis on listening to and engaging with employees. We'll want you to drive positive changes to our culture and behaviours, addressing instances where this is not upheld.
- To be a successful business, we need high performing teams. We're looking for individuals who have implemented and developed performance management mechanisms which drive results.
- Additionally, you'll help us identify and develop future talent and cover skills gaps through graduate and apprentice programmes.
- Providing and analysing data on the effectiveness of our HR programmes is part of this role and you may support us in introducing new measures.
- Negotiating with unions is also part of this role. You'll be a strong influencer and negotiator, aware of the complexities this brings.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied and busy role, made complex by a unionised workforce.
We're looking for a highly versatile HR generalist who understands how to drive and manage employer relations, plan and implement effective people effectiveness programmes and report back on improvements, learnings and results. Additionally, you'll demonstrate the following experience and behaviours:
- Experience of HR in a manufacturing, operations or engineering sector would be advantageous.
- Ability to build trust with management and employees.
- The ability to challenge and influence - it's important that we gain traction for new initiatives.
- You'll possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to gain buy in across different locations and employee groups.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience is essential.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
You will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including: Bonus scheme Enhanced holiday entitlement Contributory pension scheme Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc. Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice. Training and development opportunities
Tarmac Trading Limited