HS2 RMX Shipper
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a RMX Shipper to join our exciting and rapidly expanding HS2 team based in our Head Office in Solihull.
As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
Tarmac are recruiting for a RMX Shipper for Europe’s largest infrastructure project, HS2. You will be the face of Tarmac, providing a professional distribution service of our concrete products to HS2 customers.
- You’ll build and maintain solid working relationships with customers, suppliers and the local team, including drivers.
- You’ll accurately process all order information and respond positively and confidently to our customers' requests scheduling and planning to ensure timely delivery of orders agreed with our customers optimising cost through effective planning.
- You will be working in a fast – paced environment so will need to problem – solve, assisting with a wide range of general enquiries and driver queries as they arise.
- You will also work flexibly within the team whilst maintaining consistent rapport and effective working relationships with other team members, plant staff, contract hauliers and customers.
- You will also need to be flexible regarding working hours. These are 42.5 a week, compromising a 40 hour week Mon to Fri with 5 hours worked on a Saturday morning every other week. Start times vary between 7 and 8.30am and finish times flex until 5.30pm.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be an ambassador for providing great customer service, ideally with experience from a distribution or customer service background within a fast – paced environment. Concrete or construction industry would also be beneficial but is not essential as we offer full training provided you are a passionate learner. You will also need to be organised with good accuracy and the ability to problem – solve. Finally, you will also be able to demonstrate good communication skills and IT literacy.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited