HS2 RMX Transport Account Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a HS2 Readymix Transport Account Manager to join our team in Solihull at Tarmac.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Logistics and Distribution Manager:
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of up to 50 Readymix vehicles owned and operated by Tarmacs third party haulage base.
- You will have a hands-on approach working alongside the HS2 distribution team and the wider area transport team to provide a cost effective, sustainable, safe & customer focused transport operation for the HS2 business.
- You will be responsible for the management of compliance and legal requirements both from a statutory, industry and Tarmac perspective by ensuring that all contract and/or third-party hauliers are operating to Tarmac standards, practices, and procedures.
- You will also strategically plan and build relationships with Third Party haulage suppliers through contract negotiation, and with the support of the Logistics and Distribution Manager be able to provide a medium to long term plan to meet demands.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- A commitment to driving and leading improvements to always contribute to a safe working environment
- A willingness to learn and/or develop your current skill set
- Good communication skills, a desire to work as part of a team and the confidence to challenge processes and behaviours.
- A flexible approach to work
- The ability to provide excellent service to a range of both internal and external stakeholder
Whilst industry experience would be desirable; it is not essential; we'd be really pleased to hear from you if you can demonstrate your ability to positively contribute to a team, take pride in your work and showcase your determination to succeed.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited