At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Supervisor to join our friendly HS2 team based at our Banbury Plant.
HS2 Ltd will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Leading and actively supervising the operational teams
- Delivering tool box talks as required
- Managing all aspects of daily production including operational costs and controlling stocks
- Efficient manufacture of concrete, controlling standard deviation and cement contents
- Driving operational performance through KPI’s and reporting on this as required
- Providing effective coaching and performance management to direct reports
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Taking responsibility for personal and colleagues safety at all times
- Maintaining site housekeeping to a high standard
- Batch concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Managing fixed and variable costs
- Taking responsibility for the budget in for the plants.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience and knowledge of leading and actively supervising operational teams
- Experience in plant operations and ideally previous experience of a Ready Mix and/or aggregates environment
- Full knowledge of risk assessments and safe system of work and be able to actively identify and implement site and process improvements as needed.
- Working knowledge of production processes, health, safety and Environmental policies that would prove useful in this role too.
- IOSH managing safely accreditation
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited