Tarmac are recruiting for a Supervisor for Europe’s largest infrastructure project, HS2 to be based at our Banbury Plant. HS2 Ltd will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
The successful candidate will provide support across the HS2 plants, managing the team of operatives to meet the safety, production and financial targets for the unit on a daily basis. Site safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role with cost control, people management, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement also being a key aspect of this role.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
· Leading and actively supervising the operational teams
· Delivering tool box talks as required
· Managing all aspects of daily production including operational costs and controlling stocks
· Efficient manufacture of concrete, controlling standard deviation and cement contents
· Driving operational performance through KPI’s and reporting on this as required
· Providing effective coaching and performance management to direct reports
· Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
· Taking responsibility for personal and colleagues safety at all times
· Maintaining site housekeeping to a high standard
· Batch concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
· Managing fixed and variable costs
· Taking responsibility for the budget in for the plants.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of leading and actively supervising operational teams as well as experience in plant operations and ideally previous experience of a Ready Mix and/or aggregates environment. You’ll also have a full knowledge of risk assessments and safe system of work and be able to actively identify and implement site and process improvements as needed. If you have a working knowledge of production processes, health, safety and Environmental policies that would prove useful in this role too.
In terms of qualifications it would be ideal if you were to be in possession of the IOSH managing safely accreditation and possessed an NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations. We’re looking for someone who can proactively look for opportunities to identify customer needs and effectively communicate to translate those opportunities into customer services and sales.
Experience of working in a similar role within a large complex multi-site business is also advantageous. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and an organised individual who has a pragmatic and approachable personality.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited