Tarmac is recruiting for a Technician for Europe’s largest infrastructure project, HS2. HS2 Ltd will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
The successful candidate will carry out product compliance testing relating to concrete supplied by Tarmac on C2/C3 sections of the route, which sits within HS2 phase 1. This section of the route runs for 80 km across Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. This technician position will focus on testing of concrete on site and at batching plants located around Banbury. As part of this role, you will complete concrete testing, log results and communicate any non-conformance, with a view to ensuring corrective action is taken. You will also work to maintain awareness of site practices and quality procedures and take appropriate action where these may adversely affect product quality.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Carrying out product sampling, equipment calibration and testing in line with procedures and British Standards and in good time. Reporting relevant KPI’s
- Completing documentation and ensuring it is filed correctly as well as inputting test results into the appropriate system
- Advising management and/or supervisors when quality standards are at risk of being compromised and instigate corrective action to rectify or prevent any non-compliance
- Complying with company safety policy and promoting a high standard of safety awareness
- Promoting Tarmac and acting as a representative when with customers or stakeholders
- Delivering compliance with pre-agreed standards and QA procedures as measured in internal and external audits
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of test procedures and material specifications along with a practical knowledge of company systems, plant control systems and procedures.
Ideally you’ll have a proven understanding of company health and safety policy and procedures as well as the reporting requirements for near hits, NTI’S etc. Possession of a current full clean driving licence is essential and a current valid CSCS card and relevant NVQ is advantageous.
Experience of working in a similar role within a large complex multi-site business is also desirable. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and an organised individual who has a pragmatic and approachable personality. It is essential that you adopt a conscientious attitude to working safely.
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited