Health & Safety Advisor
Are you a Health & Safety Advisor operating in London?
Riney is a long established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services and a customer focused delivery.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team working in the Bow area, E3 2TB, London.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Health & Safety Advisor will support and assist the HSEQS Manager in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of an overarching health, safety, and environmental strategy. You will also be pivotal in the production of all health, safety and environmental data which will used by the business to measure the success of the strategy.
- To support business to ensure that the HSE Strategy, Standards, procedures and management systems are appropriate for business requirements.
- Ensure the business (and individual contracts) adopt and own the agreed strategy, values, systems and processes.
- Support, advise and coach line management to adopt and use HS&E Standards across the business
- Provide expert input into the development, control and maintenance of the company HS&E management system and maintaining company certification to ISO 45001 and 14001 to ensure compliance with HSE Standards.
- Implement and maintain a HSE management system.
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting on HSE performance across the business. Subsequently hold the business to account for performance as required.
- Ensure that Safety Improvement Plans are developed within the business and at contract level, challenging the implementation and delivery of these.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous Health & Safety Advisor experience and be ambitious to progress their career and influence change.
- Higher Education Achievement – HNC/HND level or Degree.
- NVQ Level 5, QCF Level 7 and membership of IOSH preferred NEBOSH
- NEBOSH certificate,
- CSCS Qualification
- Member of IOSH
- Experience of similar role/level within a relevant sector(s)
- Experience of HS&E systems development including core processes that are tailored to business need including but not limited to incident investigation, risk mitigation, development of Standards and Strategy development.
- Relationship building with the wider operations team.
- Analytical strength to influence the wider business HS&E Strategy.
- Development and management of professional teams.
- Understanding and belief in behavioural based safety and visible felt leadership.
- Good understanding of environmental requirements,
- Experience of influencing staff at all levels
- Good understanding of continual improvement and environmental performance measurement, evaluation & improvement.
As well as the role of Health & Safety Advisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Car Allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Riney is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#riney #tarmac #healthandsafety #hseqs
Tarmac Trading Limited