Highways Maintenance Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for Highways Maintenance Operative to join our Highways team working on the Highways project of works. This role will be based from Boroughbridge and you will be required to travel across the assigned region with the team; dependant of current works requirements. The role is easily accessible from Harrogate, York, Leeds, Ripon, Northallerton, Thirsk, Shipley, Sowerby, Knaresborough, Linton-on-Ouse, Leeming, Wetherby, Catterick and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Highways Maintenance Operative you will be responsible; as a part of a team, to work and support the successful delivery of highways work by Tarmac to achieve the successful overall delivery of the work we are committed to.
Other responsibilities for this role of Highways Maintenance Operative will include:
- Strimming of grass using petrol strimmer’s
- Site clearance works
- Litter picking
- Boundary fence works
- Balance Pond Maintenance clearance of drainage channels and ditches
- Traffic management
- Small civils works (kerbing potholes and patching works)
- Repairs to barrier systems (subject to trainee or trained operative
- Minor structures routine maintenance and inspection
- Take part in paid winter and emergency callout (subject to training and experience)
- Stand in for Ganger through absences and due to volume of works
- Minor painting works
- Graffiti removal
You must be willing and able to travel across the region of work related to this role
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the role of Highways Maintenance Operative will ideally have experience of working within a similar role within a busy working environment. You will also:
- HGV 1/2– would be highly beneficial, but training will be given to the right candidate
- Experience with Small tools (strimmer / hedge cutter)
- Plant (small roller and mini excavator and loading shovel)
- Operation of IPV, Sweeper and Winter Gritters
- Winter training, or willingness to be trained
- 12A/B Traffic Management, or willingness to undertake training
- 12D Traffic Management, or willingness to undertake training
- Undertake required training for all activities where required for the role
In addition to the role of Highways Maintenance Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Highwaysoperative #Highways #Roadoperative #Roads #Training #HGV #LGV
Tarmac Trading Limited