At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Highways Supervisor to join and lead our Highways team working on the Halton and Warrington Highways project of works. The role is based from our Tarmac Halton and Warrington site, in Cheshire and is easily commutable from Warrington, Liverpool, Bootle, Wallasey, West Kirkby, Birkenhead, Stockport, Salford, Ellesmere Port, Widnes, Runcorn, Halewood, Bolton, Wigan, St Helens, Northwich, Knutsford, Lymm, Chester, Manchester, Stockport and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Highways Supervisor you will be responsible for the successful delivery and supervision of kerbing, paving, drainage and patching works within the Boroughs of Halton and Warrington by Tarmac and / or our sub-contractors. As well as you will provide guidance on highways management matters to the Tarmac company on whose contract/contracts upon which they are operating to ensure their objectives and targets are achieved leading to the successful overall delivery of the project.
Other responsibilities for this role of Highways Supervisor will include:
- Effective planning, programming and delivery of programme of works
- Arrange for crews to undertake works orders in a planned fashion and to the highest quality
- Carry out site inspections and report Safety Observations on our Tarmac reporting system
- Supervisory Management of Winter Maintenance Programme
- Set and review the gangs targets and minimise costs to maximise profitability and offer any alternative methods of working
- Achievement of Company and Contractual KPI’s and year-on-year improvement of Contract/Scheme KPI’s
- H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents
- Effectively manage teams to ensure career progression and competency is achieved
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works alongside collaborating, promoting and developing Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
- Ensure training qualifications and competence requirements are in place and monitored for all employees within their team
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Toolbox briefings are delivered to teams
You must be able to work overtime to co-cover out of hours emergency call out and winter maintenance duties as directed
We are open to individual applications or from established Gangs/Teams
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Highways Supervisor will have the following:
- NRSWA Supervisor card
- Experience in construction and all highways works
- Experience in Highways Maintenance at a supervisory level
- A valid UK full manual car driving licence – no more than 6 points
- Knowledge of Fleet Management
- LGV/HGV licence
In addition to the role of Highways Supervisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Highwayssupervisor #Trafficmanagementsupervisor #Highwaysmanagement #Highways #Winterhighwaysmaintenance #Highwaysforeman #Highwaysforeperson #Highwaysmanager
Tarmac Trading Limited