Hire/Small Tools Controller
Founded in 1968 Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are currently looking for an experienced Hire/Small Tools Controller to join our friendly operational team in Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Small Tools Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing and controlling all hires and off hires of all Small Tools, Survey and Lifting equipment across our Civils, Rail & Welsh Water projects throughout the company
- Processing and documenting orders accurately onto our IT system
- Liaising regularly with customers both internally and externally over the phone and via email
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will ideally worked within a similar industry and will have experience of working within a fast paced and busy environment. You will also:
- Have Tool Hire knowledge (desirable but not essential)
- Have strong numerical skills ideally with accounts experience
- Excellent People Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of accuracy
- IT Literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to learn other business Systems
- Ability to work well in a team
- Highly motivated
- Great Telephone manner
- Organised with the ability to multiple task
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited