Internal Account Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Internal Account Manager to join our friendly team based at our Tarmac Snodland office in Kent, commutable from Maidstone, Rochester, Gillingham Dartford and Tonbridge.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
- Customer Management - Focussing on managing, developing and being the first point of contact for a portfolio of accounts determined by the commercial management team.
- Commercial Planning: All accounts within portfolio are to be managed by the creation of accurate, relevant and up to date Account Action Plans.
- Commercial Process – Ensure that all commercial target requirements are achieved through a diligent and intelligent approach aligned with commercial strategy.
- Commercial Intelligence – To forge relationships beyond immediate account portfolio with key influencers in order to gather market and commercial intelligence. Feed relevant data into the Sales Pipeline management process, sharing and escalating knowledge within the business for commercial gain.
- Relationship Management - Building and maintaining relationships with predetermined portfolio of customer accounts; managing successful internal relationships
- Customer Service - Ensuring the customer service expectations are met through influence developing a service excellence ethos.
- Sales Management - In accordance with predetermined financial expectations, through account management achieve the securing of targeted levels of revenue and profit with pricing decisions all in accordance with Tarmac Pricing Policies.
Purpose of the Role
- Office based highly skilled account manager able to operate and achieve commercial success through telephony, email, messaging, hangouts and other non face to face activity.
- To directly manage, engage and develop a predetermined portfolio of Tarmac customer accounts aligned to the commercial strategy.
- The role will ensure optimum success with direct customer account management. Success determined by the achievement of profit, revenue and tonnage target requirements in line with all commercial expectations.
The Ideal Candidate
Key functional skills & competencies
- Selling: Able to create rapport through considered questioning and accurate active listening. Able to build relationships and trust through providing solutions to a customer’s pain derived from explorative interaction. Gains commitment and is always aware of how to ‘close the deal’.
- Conflict Resolution: Able to handle situations in a positive manner where conflict exists without giving away company liability.
- Account Management: Demonstrates skills in tracking and developing portfolio of accounts forging working relationships with customers and being the ‘go to person’ for own customers.
- Negotiating: Effective use of questioning and listening to establish customer needs vs. wants. Proficient in convincing /persuading others.
- Influencing: Effective at adapting appropriate approaches to influence and persuade others.
- Telephone: Proficient use of the system and demonstrating a consistent professional style and approach
- IT: Capability to effectively relevant IT systems.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited