Internal Sales Representative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an additional Internal Sales Representative to join our growing team based at Tarmac Birtley office This role is commutable from Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham, Newcastle upon Tyne, Hartlepool, Darlington and the surrounding areas. Due to the nature of the role, hybrid working may be considered on successful completion of training.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
As the Internal Sales Representative you will have worked in a similar industry providing either internal or external sales support to your wider team. The main responsibilities for this role of Internal Sales Representative will include:
- Keeping updated with the product range and developing in-depth knowledge of the Tarmac Readymix 'RMX' and Minimix
- Raising and pricing quotations processing to order conversion or query resolutions
- Converting enquiries into orders, working B2B sales calls and emails
- Demonstrating an excellent telephone manner when dealing with customers
- Prioritising and multitasking daily duties
- Understanding and assessing customer needs – advising of new products
- Representing the company and its core values
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers
- Engaging with the customer to better understand requirements
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for the role of Internal Sales Representative will demonstrate:
- Previous experience using SAP, CRM and Microsoft IT systems
- Working collaboratively within a team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard
- A clear understanding of the sales cycle
- The ability to adjust commercial approach accurately
- Their ability to up sell and cross sell a variety of products
- How they drive sales through gaining market knowledge and be able to target profitable contracts
- Proven ability to balance both the needs of the customer and own business requirements
- Working with customers to provide high value solutions
- That they are driven by commercial targets working to strict budget requirements
- A ‘Proud to work for Tarmac’ attitude, building rapport and positive relationships with customers and internal colleagues
- Being ambitious to learn new skills and achieve own personal goals, as well as business goals
In the role of Internal Sales Representative you will also possess:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication
- Numeracy and analytical ability
Training will be provided for:
- Products, Procedures and our Computer systems
As well as the role of Internal Sales Representative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Hybrid Working
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited
@tarmac #tarmaccareers #internalsales #salesrepresentative #salesjobs #NEjobs
Tarmac Trading Limited