LGV Driver (C+E)
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Driver to join our friendly National Road Planing team in Rand, Lincolnshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
To be successful in this role you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Lorry and Drag Trailer are checked regularly and that any defects noted and highlighted to Fitter and office
- Ensuring that any journeys are undertaken safely and legally and that the loads checked and secure
- Ensuring that the journey is planned so that the Planer arrives on site for the specified shift start time
- Liaising with the Planer Foreman and Operatives regularly and working together as a team.
- Working safely and in conjunction with current Driving Regulations
- Ensuring that materials are planed up on site into the tipper lorry
- Ensuring that planed materials are taken to a designated tip
- Recording planing loads and tip details on load transfer tickets. The Driver will also
- Working closely with the Aggregates Manager who supplies client and tip details for delivery of material
- Comply with company standards and procedures and be in regular contact with the NRP Transport Manager who will check such details and provide useful feedback plus help with any Driving Issues etc.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we are looking for a candidate who has Driving experience ideally within a similar work industry. They will also:
- Have previous experience of site work and experience with road planers would be beneficial
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be motivated
- Be flexible in your working approach
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- LGV Class 1 licence
- A valid Digital Tacho Card.
- A valid CPC Qualification Card
- Experience of operating bulk tankers - Desirable
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited