Lime Dispatch Operator
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Lime Dispatch Operator to join our team based at our Tunstead site in Buxton.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Lime Dispatch Operator will be responsible for:
- Operating bagging plant machinery to produce palletised products, store in the yard and warehouse using counterbalance fork-lift trucks, load, and unload HGV's, carry out daily checks, assist with breakdowns and fault finding, and cleaning to allow the plant to achieve operational excellence.
- Carrying out the tasks of loading and off-loading bulk products both locally and remotely as the production schedule dictates.
- Maintaining asset condition by fully engaging with all autonomous maintenance duties with specific focus on plant cleaning, inspection, lubrication, and basic servicing work.
- Work as part of a team to meet the safety, production, and financial targets for the site. All activities are to be undertaken in accordance with Tarmac's Safety Management Systems as well as site systems, policies, and procedures.
- Promoting and encouraging cross functional working throughout lime operations.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Lime Dispatch Operator will have experience of:
- Commitment to maintaining and improving health, safety and environmental standards
- Hold or work towards IOSH Working safely or other relevant qualifications
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing and distribution process (desirable)
- Worked in an operational role in the process industry (desirable)
- Counterbalance forklift truck license
- Ability to operate plants in accordance to standard operating procedures
- Continuous improvement tools and techniques
In addition to the role of Lime Dispatch Operator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested in joining Tarmac? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited