Logistics & Distribution Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Logistic & Distribution Manager to join our friendly team based at our Head Office in Solihull. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Logistics & Distribution Manager, you will be responsible for leading the teams focused on providing sales, orders and distribution and ensure that services to EKFB & BBV and their subcontractors meets the contractual service level agreements (SLA's), whilst maximising opportunities for Tarmac.
You will manage & be accountable for the HS2 Transport operation. This will include own fleet vehicles & drivers, contract hauliers and 3rd part logistics subcontractors. The role will provide a cost-effective, sustainable, safe & customer focussed transport operation. The position will prove a strategic transport focused platform for HS2.
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate, you will have previous management experience within a diverse and multi-site Operations environment, as well as proven leadership and people management skills.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in leading and improving project delivery operations.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable to hold senior-level discussions with internal and external bodies.
Other requirements will include;
- A strong understanding of transport regulations regarding
- ‘O’ Licence, Driver Hours, Construction and Use Regs.
- Proven experience of managing road health and safety
- Ability to manage contracts and contractors
- Have a track record of contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and process awareness.
- Strong, proven people management and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- Ability to challenge on a process and behavioural level.
- Leadership and the ability to create a positive team culture and inspire.
- Proven track record of delivery.
- industry-leading customer service excellence.
- Driving improvements to the customer experience, including the use of new tools such as CRM.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
By the way, as part of CRH, our employees have access to a range of careers within the wider group which operates at over 3,800 locations in 31 countries. CRH generates endless possibilities for individuals who are hungry for that next challenge!
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited