At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Logistics Planner to join our fantastic Logistics Planning Team at our Tarmac Hendy site in Miskin, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales working to ensure the timely and efficient planning of vehicles. This role is commutable from Pontyclun, Penarth, Cardiff, Barry, Bridgend, Port Talbot, Maesteg, Merthyr Tydfil, Cwmbran, Newport and the surrounding areas. This role also has the option for hybrid working upon successful completion of training.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to Logistics Supervisor the role of Logistics Planner will work as part of the Logistics Planning team ensuring the timely and efficient planning of vehicles. The team also manage our customer requirements daily to ensure optimisation of capacity in regard to fulfilling customer orders for asphalt and aggregate deliveries.
The role of Logistics Planner will also be responsible for:
- Handling inbound calls
- Monitoring orders and haulage requirements
- Providing quality customer service
- Effectively managing customer expectations
- Effective communication with key stakeholders both internal and external
- Accurate recording of data
- Effective management of assets and materials
- Sourcing and management of external haulage
- Ensuring best use of resources to optimise delivery of all customer requirements
- Process customer orders
- Raise any safety concerns immediately
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Logistics Planner will have previous experience working in a similar role coordinating fleet deliveries and managing client expectations, within a similar sector. Suitable candidates for the role of Logistics Planner will also be able to evidence:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proven customer service and telephone skills
- Superb attention to detail
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven teamwork capability
- Excellent time management skills
- Speed and efficiency in making decisions
- Good geographical knowledge
- Commercial awareness
- IT literacy
- Able to work under pressure managing stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of transport law (ideal but not essential)
As well as the role of Logistics Planner we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@tarmac #tarmac #tarmaccareers #planner #logistics #logisticsplanner #haulage #transportplanner #fleetcoordinator #fleetplanning #transportplanning #haulageplanning #Miskin #RhonddaCynonTaf #Pontyclun #Penarth #Cardiff #Barry #Bridgend #PortTalbot #Maesteg #MerthyrTydfil #Cwmbran #Newport
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited