At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are recruiting an office-based Logistics Supervisor to join our team at Tarmac Stancombe near Bristol. This role is a unique opportunity to manage the delivery of our products ensuring they are delivered to the right place at the right time, supporting our road networks and customers in South West and Wales and leading a diverse team at our South West Regional office. Working on a hybrid basis, this role is easily accessible from Weston-super-Mare, Bristol, Chepstow, Newport, Cardiff, Gloucester and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Distribution Manager, the role of Logistics Supervisor is directly responsible for managing planning to drive performance, developing a multi skilled approach and a successful culture.
Managing a team of Transport and Capacity Planners, whilst working closely with our network of contracted haulage drivers, internal stakeholders and external suppliers the Logistics Supervisor is also responsible for:
- Developing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support the effective implementation of the Logistics strategy to ensure our customers receive a high level of customer service experience.
- Managing and motivating staff; reviewing and assessing performance; building employee capability, supporting professional development and enabling employees to optimise contribution to the business.
- Providing robust customer service, clearly understanding the differentiation between compliance and service.
- Optimising the distribution schedule to ensure maximum productivity of our base fleet at the most economical cost and ensure ‘on time/in full’ delivery results to meet customer needs
- Providing monthly key metrics and performance rating reports, creating solutions to address any identified underperformance or issues to drive business improvement
- Actively identifying and implementing cost saving opportunities within the distribution department ensuring the most economic source of supply is utilised
The Ideal Candidate
Suitable candidates for the role of Logistics Supervisor will be commercially astute and ideally have experience of managing a team working in a similar role. Experience gained within a logistics environment is preferred.
Candidates for the role of Logistics Supervisor will also possess:
- Proven people management ability and experience of managing successful customer service and transport planning teams
- Strong negotiation and exceptional customer service skills
- Proven ability to coach and develop teams
- Creative thinking, able to step back from a complex matter and review from another perspective
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to anticipate obstacles and implement solutions
- Confident manner, able to multi-task, react promptly and prioritise effectively
- Patience, empathy and resilience
- High integrity and ability to challenge, impact and influence others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good attention to detail
This is an office based hybrid role with 1 - 2 days per week working from home and the remainder in the office, dependent upon commitments of role. This is not a warehouse supervisory role.
In addition to the role of Logistics Supervisor we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities including (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#tarmac #logisticssupervisor #logistics #supervisor #transportplanner #planning #transport #haulage #driveperformance #managingstaff #customerservice #customerserviceplanner #bristoljobs #southwestjobs #westonsupermare #cardiff #gloucester #newport #chepstow
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited