At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for two experienced Machine Setter to join our team based at Swains Park in Swadlincote. You will be required to work on a shift pattern of 6am -2pm, 2pm -10pm or 10pm -6am.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Machine Setter will lead the sites prepack production team. Collaborating with the site team ensuring that the machinery is set and in optimum condition to enable the site to meet monthly production target. Demonstrating key behaviours, the Machine Setter plays their part in the site achieving Zero Harm and meeting the sites Overall Equipment Efficiency target.
A typical day working for Packed Products as the Machine Setter will include:
- Having timely and well-engineered resolutions to breakdowns providing a solution-focused approach
- To produce quality packed aggregates to a production gold standard, in accordance with customer specifications across multiple product variations
- I will be fully accountable for machine production outputs aligned to the sites S&OP production targets on a monthly basis
- Complete all daily machinery standard checks; ensuring all documentation is completed relating to safety, performance, availability and quality requirements
- Responsible for all machine specific OLM Schedules; including recording and reporting aligned to best in class performance as per skills matrix
- To support Mobile Fitting teams in fault diagnosis, repairs and planned maintenance activities
- Set up and operate automated machines in accordance with production requirements on-site and aligned to the training matrix
- Responsible for critical spares, inventory management, on-shelf availability, re-ordering process aligned to an efficient Kanban/FIFO philosophy
The Ideal Candidate
For the role of Machine Setter, the ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate previous experience working as a Machine Setter or similar with a sound maintenance knowledge gained within a fast-paced production environment.
- Working to achieve production targets
- A keen eye for quality control
- Ability to comply with the H&S regulations
- Flexible towards to the working hours and willingness to work overtime
- Team player
In addition to the role of Machine Setter we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited