Maintenance Electrician - Days - HS2
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician - DAYS to join our friendly team based from our Meriden 3 plant situated centrally between Birmingham and Coventry, this role will be to work on our HS2 project and will cover 7 sites within a short travel from your base site. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands and is commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Kenilworth, Nuneaton, Redditch, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Hinkley, Warwick, Royal Leamington Spa, Rugby, Bedworth, Daventry, Stratford-upon-Avon, Redditch, Shirley, Bicester, Banbury and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as our Maintenance Electrician - DAYS, you will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all plant associated areas and to assist team members in all aspects of plant operation.
Your responsibilities as the Maintenance Electrician - DAYS will include:
- Respond to plant breakdowns, when necessary and be responsible for the correct and efficient repair of equipment keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continue to improve plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Contribute to the in-house development of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- In support of the maintenance and operations functions, you will utilise documents, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment within the Electrical Engineering department as appropriate
The role of Maintenance Electrician - DAYS is a DAY shift role but you will be required to provide flexibility to work at other times, this will be with overtime available to meet with the sites needs and a van is provided with this role so you must have a FULL UK car driving license with no more than 6 points.
The Ideal Candidate
The role of Maintenance Electrician - DAYS is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- ESSENTIAL – Level 3 Apprentice trained Electrician and ONC/NVQ Level3 in Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition - BS7671 I.E.E Regulations and Legislation
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of relevant electrical and control engineering maintenance principles and practices, and experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Working knowledge and experience of Industrial Low Voltage power distribution systems
- A good working understanding of PLC’s and the use of the associated tools and techniques for the interrogation of the software
- Knowledge and understanding the operation of AC Drives and Motors
- Knowledgeable in the area of Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in working with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Understand database systems as relevant to planned maintenance and logging of shift activities
- Able to design simple electrical systems and draw schematic diagrams then transfer the information into practical use
- Know how to perform electrical statutory tests and inspections and understand safe use of electrical test and measuring instruments
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications
- Ability to learn Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators’ safety
Along with the role of Maintenance Electrician - DAYS we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Maintenanceelectrician #Shiftelectrician #Electricaltechnician #Electricalengineer #Electricalfitter #Industrialelectrician #Electrician
Tarmac Trading Limited