At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a qualified Maintenance Electrician to join our friendly team based in our Cloddach Quarry, Elgin Scotland. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you’ll provide an effective link between the Operations and Engineering team. Delivering high levels of service quality to varied Electrical Engineering related activities. You will be working closely with all members of the engineering team, reporting directly to the Production Manager in effectively carrying out preventative maintenance tasks and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs with a keen eye for continuous improvement.
- Install, maintain, modify and repair electrical LV distribution and control systems including cable management / containment, a range of industrial cabling, motors and control panels.
- Test and inspect electrical components such as circuit breakers and fuses.
- Read and write electrical drawings including MCC schematics, control panels and SLD distribution drawings.
- Competently fault find on LV electrical circuits.
- Compile, manage and fulfil electrical maintenance schemes on sites.
- Work to current electrical regulations and specifications.
- HV knowledge and experience is not required.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an Electrical Engineer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
- Proven experience as an industrial electrician
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical tools and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, megger, multimeter, voltmeter etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Recognized apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard
- ONC/HNC Desirable
- 18th edition wiring regulations
- Inspection and testing qualification
- High Voltage Ap training (Or working towards)
- Challenge people, hold them accountable for job completion and quality of completion
- Computer literate. Familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
- Demonstrate problem-solving capabilities
- Good presentation, communication and skills
- A positive, proactive can-do attitude
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited