At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our friendly team at Swains Park in Swadlincote.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging in preventative and reactive maintenance across site and working in close unison with machine setters to optimise production output
- Completing all maintenance inspections (PPM’S) and routines as scheduled
- Prioritise planned and unplanned maintenance activities to maximise the machine Availability loss within OEE
- Working collaboratively with operational personnel to maximise machine throughput and reliability
- Using recognised fault diagnosis techniques to determine root cause and affect a sustained countermeasure to eliminate repeat failures – Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Analysing KPI data to optimise performance and reliability through the implementation of robust improvement processes
- Completing all documentation relating to safety, performance, availability and quality requirements within nominated timescales
- Managing spares inventory to ensure availability and suggest/implement improvements to the stock management process
- Becoming an Expert machine operator across all machine types
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Maintenance Engineer will have experience of:
- Experience as an electrical/multi-skilled engineering maintenance technician
- Minimum Level III qualification (NVQ/BTEC/C&G)
- Relevant mechanical qualification
- Control systems qualification (Siemens S5/S7)
- Experience in a high-volume, automated environment and a multi site maintenance role
- Proficient in the use of RCA processes and the implementation of robust countermeasures
In addition to the role of Maintenance Engineer we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited