At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Fitter to join our friendly team based in Tunstead, Buxton.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor, the Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for:
- Carry out scheduled planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities to maintain plant condition and performance to support the delivery of the weekly production schedules.
- Monitor and maintain condition and performance of all Lime section processing plants and associated equipment and identify any circumstances that could result in an impact on availability or performance while supporting the Mechanical Supervisor to meet defined KPI targets.
- Carry out mechanical activities and lead mechanical breakdown and break-in repairs to ensure expected plant reliability and to optimise plant and equipment performance.
- Most effective mean time to repair methods to be adopted to minimise production disruption and downtime.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Maintenance Fitter will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Fitter as well as:
- Good knowledge of crushing, screening, conveying, hydraulic and pneumatic systems required
- Use of PC’s and capability to use common applications and company systems
- Fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Good practical knowledge and experience of maintenance systems required
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery
- Basic report writing
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
Tarmac Trading Limited