Maintenance Operative / Fitter
Highly Competitive Salary + Fantastic Benefits
Hours: 40 per week,
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Operative / Fitter to join our friendly team based in our Tarmac Hilton Main Blocks Plant, Wolverhampton. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you will operate the Plant & Equipment at the site to ensure budgeted targets are met or exceeded, whilst complying with company and legislative SHE and Quality Policies and procedures.
You will be involved in carrying out daily production data reporting, and preventative maintenance/ electrical tasks.
- Supporting continuous improvement of process, plant and production.
- Balancing the time covering operation and cleaning of the production line.
- Building working relationships with other production and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure products of high quality are efficiently produced
- Ensure plant equipment maintained to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Supports a works plan and maintenance system
- Ensure the correct recording of all maintenance activities
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Senior Operative with the ability to perform general maintenance and mechanical engineering tasks. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing process, heavy plant, and equipment
- Computer literacy
- NVQ Level 3 in relevant discipline
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited