At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate and dynamic Maintenance Supervisor (Mechanical Bias) looking for your next role? This is a growing Quarry with current expansion in progress and an exciting time to join and lead the team under your supervision.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor to join and lead our fantastic maintenance team here at our Bayston Hill Quarry site, close to Shrewsbury in Shropshire. The role is easily commutable from Shrewsbury, Telford, Bridgnorth, Oswestry, Welshpool, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Whitchurch, Ludlow, Kidderminster, Dudley, Walsall, Cannock, Market Drayton, Stoke-on-Trent and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Works Manager, you as the Maintenance Supervisor will be required to oversee and manage the inspection, planning and execution of all mechanical maintenance tasks at Tarmac Bayston Hill Quarry.
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive):
- You will lead by example and drive the site preventative maintenance strategy to enable continuous improvement of reliability, performance and availability of all fixed plant
- You will be responsible for the supervision of all maintenance carried out; you will be expected to use the CMMS system from start to finish ensuring as much detail as possible is recorded
- Recording all actions taken, modifying the preventative maintenance plan as required and suggesting improvements to avoid re-occurrence
- You will be responsible for ensuring the correct resources are distributed on outage days best utilising the wider teams available
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard-free and in line with 5S standards
- Respond to plant breakdowns – ensuring it is returned to production in a timely manner
- As well as this you will develop, manage and support “One Team” that executes the maintenance schedules across the site, in the most efficient manner recording success in KPI’s showing Bayston Hill’s reliability and maintenance performance
This role comes with a 4x4 vehicle for commuting and business use
This is a DAYS role working Monday to Friday, with the capability expectation to work OT during breakdowns, outage and planned maintenance shut-downs in support of the site maintenance programme
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of Maintenance Supervisor, you as the ideal candidate will have experience within a similar Lead / Supervisory position within the heavy engineering or quarrying sector. You will also be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or a similar environment as a Maintenance Supervisor. As well as possess Line management, leadership and communication skills with sound knowledge of operational production plants and material handling equipment.
- ESSENTIAL - Time served Mechanical Apprenticeship
- ESSENTIAL – minimum ONC/HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering experience
- NEBOSH and/or IOSH Managing Safely
In addition to the role of Maintenance Supervisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Mechanicalfitter #Mechanicalengineer #Leadfitter #Leadshiftfitter #Leadengineer #Mechanicaltechnician #Seniormechanicalfitter #Mechanicalsupervisor #Engineeringsupervisor #Engineeringmanager #Areamechanicalmaintenanceengineer
Tarmac Trading Limited