At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Materials Technician to join our friendly team based at our Paddington site, W9 3NW.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Materials Technician reporting directly to the Senior Technician you will be responsible for:
- To comply with Company safety policies and promote a high standard of safety awareness
- To carry out product sampling and testing in line with procedures and British Standards
- To carry out equipment calibration in line with procedures and British Standards; to carry out routine aggregate and asphalt testing in line with procedures and British standards as well as binder recovery of recycled asphalt
- To complete documentation and ensure this is filed correctly, and input test results into the appropriate system
- To advise management/supervisor or production teams when quality standards are being compromised and instigate action to rectify or prevent non-compliance
- To positively promote the company brand and act as an ambassador when customer-facing
- Carrying out tests on time, meeting test frequency rates – reported in Quality KPI’s
- Carrying out accurate tests to the relevant standards and reporting the result
- Correct identification of quality issues and taking effective corrective action when required
- Compliance with standards and QA procedures – measured in company internal and external audits
- Assist Senior Technician with complaint investigations
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous Materials Technician experience and:
- Technical NVQ – level 2 is desirable
- Working knowledge of test procedures and material specifications
- Working knowledge of Company systems, plant control systems and procedures
- Good understanding of company Health & Safety policy & procedure and reporting requirements
- Possession of a current full clean driving licence
- Team working
- IT literate to use technical and production systems
- Planning own workload
- Materials Technician Customer care
- Decision making
- Commercial awareness
- Handling conflict
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Industry Leading Maternity & Paternity Policies
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited