Materials Testing Technician - HS2 (mobile ) + Van
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Materials Testing Technician to join Tarmac on the exciting HS2 works with your focus on Concrete and potentially also Asphalt. This role will be located close to Birmingham in the West Midlands and is easily accessible via most major road networks and is a multi-sited role. The site is easily commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Materials Testing Technician will report directly to the HS2 Technical Manager you will work directly alongside the HS2 principle contractor reporting daily to their laboratories with your focus being on Concrete and Asphalt for the HS2 works.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Materials Testing Technician will have experience and knowledge of Materials Testing, concrete and/or asphalt knowledge would prove highly beneficial. You will also:
- Possess good communications skills and will be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- You will be required to have an understanding of civil engineering materials, materials testing and site construction operations
- You will work closely with the Technical Coordinator, Senior Technicians, Material Technicians and the onsite teams to gain knowledge across a wide range of subjects
- Work with the Senior Technician for site testing, checking results, carrying out preliminary investigations into complaints, and providing technical information to clients
- The role will involve travel to sites across the project, outdoor working and shift work
- Organise and undertake technical testing to ensure test regimes and workload are met, comply with UKAS and/or Company systems
- Support the investigation; and resolve quality issues, advise operations and Site Teams of results and potentially suggest actions for improvement
- Test procedures – To ensure testing procedures are fully documented, understood and communicated to comply with UKAS standard where required and have the correct equipment available in calibration
- Sampling & Testing – To carry out sampling and testing in line with contract requirements
- Advise Senior Technician and Operational staff when quality standards are being compromised and take appropriate action to rectify quality issues
- To help investigate and resolve complaints and queries
- Have knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career with our world class business and to get hands-on experience
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Materials Testing Technician should be able to evidence previous experience and knowledge of test procedures for materials testing with a focus on concrete and asphalt wet and hardened properties and would have previous experience as a site or laboratory materials technician.
Materials Testing Technician - Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- It is preferred that applicants have five GCSEs (A*C / 9-5) including English, Maths and Science
- Knowledge of UKAS schedule maintenance
- Knowledge of concrete and asphalt operations and techniques
- Experience of how to meet sampling frequencies, reporting of results
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Standards and their application
- Ability to maintain electronic records to efficiently demonstrate conformity and provide supporting data
ESSENTIAL - Full UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 points as you will use a company vehicle for this role
Along with the role of Materials Testing Technician we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #MaterialsTechnician #TestTechnician #Materialstesttechnician #ConcreteTesting #Asphalttesting #HS2 #materials #testing
Tarmac Trading Limited