Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a suitably experienced Mechanical Craftsperson to join our fantastic team.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor, you will carry out scheduled planned and reactive mechanical maintenance activities to maintain plant condition and performance to support the delivery of the weekly production schedules. Monitor and maintain condition and performance of all section processing plants and associated equipment and identify any circumstances that could result in an impact on availability or performance while supporting the Mechanical Supervisor to meet defined shift KPI targets.
Carry out mechanical activities as specified by Engineering Reliability Team and lead mechanical breakdown and break-in repairs to ensure expected plant reliability and to optimise plant and equipment performance. Most effective mean time to repair methods to be adopted to minimise production disruption and downtime.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Use of PC’s and capability to use common applications and company systems
- Fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Good practical knowledge and experience of maintenance systems required
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery
- Basic report writing
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited