At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mobile Fitter to join our friendly team based at our Tarmac Briton Ferry Concrete Plant, Neath, covering concrete plants in the area.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
You will have responsibility for Inspection, Maintenance and Service of Ready-mix Concrete Plants.
You will be a member of the Maintenance team providing, inspection, service, proactive maintenance and breakdown response to the Ready-mix business.
You will deliver the Maintenance Strategy for your area of cover and best practice by driving a culture of continuous improvement.
You must have a maintenance background with strong planning and problem solving skills, and an in-depth knowledge of operational plant, pneumatics and conveyor systems.
A proven track record in fabrication and welding is also essential. An NVQ Level 4 and a relevant IOSH qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of a Area Fitter , we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The Ideal Candidate
The role of Mobile Fitter is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Use of PC’s and capability to use common applications and company systems
- Fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Good practical knowledge and experience of maintenance systems required
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
- Working knowledge of plant and machinery
- Basic report writing
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Company Van & Tools
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited