Multi Skilled Operative - Days
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our friendly team at Mountsorrel Quarry, Quorn, near to Loughborough in Leicestershire. This role is commutable from Loughborough, Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Shepshed and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Plant Supervisor. The Multi Skilled Operative will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant and other site duties, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time, this role is to work on our Asphalt and Load-out operations.
Your responsibilities as the Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
This role is a DAY shift role Monday – Friday; with the expectation of overtime to work to the site manufacturing and production plan
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – highly desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant/Quarry environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Along with the role of Multi Skilled Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #multiskilledoperative #loadingshovel #tippertruck #dumpertruck #skilledoperative
Tarmac Trading Limited