Multi Skilled Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Operative to join our friendly team based at our Mountsorrel Quarry, near to Loughborough in Leicestershire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Quarry Multi-Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of mobile plant. The role is to operate the machine safely and meeting production demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and implement remedial action. Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed n the role of a Multi-Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Quarrying and Quarry plant
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the Units requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited