Multi Skilled Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Operative to join our fantastic team at our Alrewas Sand and Gravel Quarry, near Burton-on-Trent Staffordshire. The site is easily accessible and is close to Burton-on-Trent, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock, Rugeley, Burntwood, Great Wyrley, Walsall, Brownhills, Stafford, Swadlincote, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Uttoxeter, Derby, Coalville and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of mobile and fixed plant. The role is to operate the machine safely and meeting production demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
Your role as a Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and raise awareness for remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised within your role
- House keeping across the site to provide optimum production
Please note this is a back shift role working Monday – Friday 13:00 – 22:30, along with the set shift OT is available to meet with the site production needs
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Quarrying and plant operations
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations i.e loading shovel would prove highly beneficial
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the sites manufacturing requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant/Quarry environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Along with the role of Multi Skilled Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #multiskilledoperative #loadingshovel #skilledoperative #Quarryoperative
Tarmac Trading Limited