RF Sept 22 - Multi Skilled Operative
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our amazing team at our Tarmac Hull Asphalt Plant in Dairycoates, Hull. As well as Hull, this site is easily accessible from Hornsea, Brough, Barton-upon-Humber, Scunthorpe, Immingham, Brigg, Grimsby and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Reporting directly to the Plant Supervisor the duties of the Multi Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of either fixed or mobile plant. The asphalt plant operator will work with an internal team to plan the mixing program, they will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your role as a Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Mixing asphalt to specification
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Weighbridge duties
- Loading shovel (mobile Plant)
- Assisting the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Ensuring Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Following Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Inspections on the Plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Assisting in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensuring that Plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Multi Skilled Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possessing good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
To succeed in this role we would expect a candidate to evidence:
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – desirable
- Good timekeeping – flexible as to the Units requirements
- Good communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile Plant operations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in an Asphalt Plant would prove highly beneficial however this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
As well as the role of Multi Skilled Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Multiskilledoperative #Hulljobs #EastRidingjobs #KingstonUponHulljobs #operativejobs #Yorkshirejobs #quarryjobs #asphaltjobs #loadingshovel #weighbridge
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited