National Compliance Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a National Compliance Manager to work across the UK. This role is hybrid so can be based anywhere across the UK with some occasional site visits and meetings.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The National Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing all waste acceptance into the national portfolio of Recovery, landfill & recycling sites. They will evaluate and characterise waste to ensure that all accepted material is permitted in line with Tarmac's procedures and relevant external legislation.
They will support the Area businesses in providing industry leading waste acceptance standards with accurate and comprehensive records.
This will be achieved by:
- Working with all key stakeholders to provide a joined-up approach across the Area businesses and central functions
- Building strong relationships with key customers and strategic partners so that we can exceed their expectations, respond to their feedback and deliver first class customer service
- Embracing and embedding business optimisation initiatives and continually improve performance standards of waste acceptance
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of National Compliance Manager will have experience of:
- Strong analytically, planning and organisation skills
- Time management and effective prioritisation of work
- Effective decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused
- Confident communications skills; listening and conflict resolution
- Experience in technical waste assessment and chemical analysis
- Competent in WM3 waste assessment, analysis soil reports & WAC analysis
- Understanding of Landfill Directive, Landfill testing requirements for different types of waste streams and materials & Duty of Care requirements
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited