National Strategic Commercial Manager
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are recruiting a National Strategic Commercial Manager to join our team at Tarmac based out of our Solihull office in the West Midlands. This is a unique role providing the opportunity to own and manage the commercial bid and delivery models within Tarmac. Supporting senior management teams to ensure that projects are delivered successfully, collaborating and influencing stakeholders within our major project teams. Whilst this role delivers solutions nationwide and the role itself may have occasional travel, it is predominantly based out of Solihull working on a hybrid basis. This role is therefore easily accessible from Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Tamworth and across the West Midlands and East Midlands.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the National Managing Quantity Surveyor the role of National Strategic Commercial Manager will be responsible for supporting the Tarmac Business and National Commercial team on initiatives such as HS2 Optimisation and Variation on Price development. The National Strategic Commercial Manager will also:
- Produce detailed commercial bid & tender pricing models
- Co-ordinate relevant teams to ensure timely delivery of commercial offers for Tarmac
- Support the development and delivery of the national commercial strategy
- Contribute expert knowledge to strategies with alignment to customer and project work winning
- Support the link between the National Commercial strategy and other business unit strategies
- Systematically review customer tender documentation to understand the detailed financial and commercial responses required and associated submission deadlines
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to agree the bid strategy, identify risks, and the implications for tender pricing.
- Manage the monthly reporting process and delivery to deadlines
- Work with the senior technical manager and supporting business technical teams to develop design pricing models for various products and projects
- Manage the monthly Variation on Price (VOP) updates for major projects
- Develop the budgets and forecasts for the National Commercial Director
- Manage the periodic SOX reporting requirements such as fixed asset verification for the National Commercial Team
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of National Strategic Commercial Manager will be a Finance Manager within the engineering, construction materials or a related sector who is looking to progress into a more strategic role. However, if you are a part qualified Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Quantity Surveyor or Estimator who enjoys influencing others and is ambitious to develop their skills then this role could be for you!
Suitable candidates for the role of National Strategic Commercial Manager will have:
- Experience of a working in a busy, deadline driven environment where the ability to prioritise is paramount
- Ability to build financial models and forecasts and initiative to understand wider economic implications and impact to financial models, suggesting alternative options to inform decision making
- Proven capability of collaboration with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to summarise complex financial data and production metrics
- Confidence to engage with and influence senior managers & customers
- Keenness to collaborate with other colleagues in the National Commercial Team to deliver solutions
- Ability to establish and understand client and operational requirements and produce comprehensive submissions
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with both internal & external stakeholders and to explain complex financial assumptions both simply and clearly
- Proven capability in identifying risks and opportunities when creating financial models and the ability to consider negotiating alternatives when supporting the business with contract and price variation discussions
In addition to the role of National Strategic Commercial Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Private Medical Cover (Family)
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities including (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#tarmac #tarmaccareers #financejobs #financemanager #accountant #commercialmanager #commercial #financialanalyst #quantitysurveyor #qs #seniorquantitysurveyor #estimator #seniorestimator
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited