Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently recruiting for an Office Manager to join our team on the A391 North Devon Link Road Project located between Barnstaple and South Molton. This important and strategic scheme involves the widening of the existing carriageway into three-lane running while maintaining current traffic flow.
The project is programmed for completion during December 2023.
In our effort to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, we welcome applicants from all ethnicity and background for these roles.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
- The day to day running of the project office
- Ordering office supplies and equipment
- Supporting the project team in collating documentation.
- Compilation of spreadsheets and documents
- First point of contact for telephone calls, e-mails and general queries from third parties and members of the public and responding accordingly.
- Assisting in public liaison, client and third-party interface.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will, preferably, have previous similar experience within the Civil Engineering industry. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
- To have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- To be proficient in Microsoft Office
- To have a professional telephone manner
- To be able to perform under pressure
- To have excellent customer care skills
- To be motivated and enthusiastic
Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region.
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited