Are you an Operations Assistant looking for your next role? Then read on as we may just have the role for you....
At J B Riney, our people are our company. The way in which we treat our people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
J B Riney is a long- established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
We are looking for a Operations Assistant to join our office in Bow, E3 2TB, London.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As our Operations Assistant you will effectively assist with the internal and external plant & transport administration, material ordering and procurement process.
The role of Operations Assistant will involve operating as part of our centralised Procurement, Plant & Transport departments and will be to ensure that the administrative elements of the department are processed in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
This will include assisting with facilitating MOT’s/services/inspections for our extensive fleet of vehicles, ensuring that driver inductions, license checks, training records and vehicle compliance are up to date and in accordance with company and legal requirements.
- Managing vehicle insurance, tax, toll charge systems and the processing and day to day management of PCN’s, fuel cards, driver contraventions etc. Ordering and allocating internal assets to the correct projects using the Company’s IT platform and ensuring that the allocation of all external transport hires and costs are being monitored to ensure the most economically advantageous operating methods for the Company are being carried out.
- Ensuring department compliance with the purchase ordering of materials and goods received process to ensure accurate cost and utilisation data is being managed.
- Assisting with maintaining the companies FORS accreditation to Gold standard.
- Production of internal and external hire reports and close monitoring of utilisation (key measure).
- Contributing to the success of the Procurement, Plant & Transport department, supporting the other team members as required.
The Ideal Candidate
In the role of Operations Assistant we require (not exhaustive):
- Strong administration skills
- Knowledge of transport legal requirements (desired but not essential)
- Hire company background (desired but not essential)
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft and Excel competence essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of customer service expectations and excellent telephone manner Able to deal with reactive work
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
What we offer in the role of Operations Assistant. As part of Tarmac, J B Riney offers an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited