At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our Contracting team in South Wales at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires extensive experience of managing a contracting operation which includes road surfacing and civil engineering activities throughout South Wales. The role is at the front of the South Wales contracting business and you will be the client face of Tarmac.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will have profit responsibility for all of the areas site activities. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all works are carried out in a safe manner and lead the team to manage the day to day operational activities of the regional Contracting department
- Working closely with the Commercial and QS teams to ensure the best outcome on every scheme
- Build strong relationships with our clients which include contractors, local and central government
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience within a Construction/Civil Engineering environment (preferably 5 years’ plus)
- Previous managerial experience in a similar industry
- Ability to manage the day to day operational activities of numerous sites
- Ability to manage a team of Contracts Managers and Supervisors to ensure operational efficiency
- Be commercially aware to manage costs and deliver best returns possible
- Experience of working with local authorities, central government and local contractors
- Ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels (internal and external)
- Educated to a High Level (Civils Degree/Construction Management, HND/HNC or relevant NVQ
- CSCS Certified
- NRSWA (desirable)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits, including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited