Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our Dry Silo Mortar Plant, Meriden in Coventry/Birmingham at Tarmac to work on the shift pattern that will include mornings and afternoon.
Reporting to our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating around and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Taking on supervisory tasks as required
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
The Ideal Candidate
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
- Ideally hold a mobile plant licence (forklift, clamp truck, shovel)
- Be an effective communicator – written and verbal
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Be flexible and have the ability to travel to multiple sites as required
- Be a good team player
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Overtime available
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited