Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for several roles to join our amazing team as a Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel at our Washwood Heath plant in Birmingham. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham and without entering the new ‘Green Zone’. Why wait…..apply for our role of Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel today.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Reporting directly to Plant Supervisor. Duties of the Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel will include the day-to-day operations of either fixed or mobile plant. The asphalt plant operator will work with an internal team to plan the mixing program, they will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your role as an Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel will include (not exhaustive):
- Mixing asphalt to specification
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Assist in the maintenance regime of the Plant
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
The role runs on a shift pattern 4 on – 4 off with shift allowance and overtime available as required to meet with the demands of an extremely busy and growing site
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
To succeed in the role of an Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – desirable
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the Units requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as an Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel working in an Asphalt Plant would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate
In addition to the role of Multi Skilled Operative - Loading Shovel we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Operator #Operative #multiskilledoperative #multiskilledoperator #loadingshovel
Tarmac Trading Limited