At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our friendly team in Congleton. This role will provide full training and opportunities within Tarmac.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
On a day to day basis, the successful Operative's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Participating and operating in Packed Products manufacturing across the whole site under training conditions.
- Actively carrying out any duties which are within your capability and training.
- Operating all mobile plant on site once training has been received.
- Carrying out first line maintenance and inspections (Operator Led Maintenance) on mobile & processing plant.
- Working as a team to ensure a quality product is produced for the client and targeted volumes are delivered
- Ensuring that the highest housekeeping standards are maintained at all times in accordance with What Good Looks Like (WGLL).
- Demonstrating an exemplary approach to Health and Safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed.
- Loading and unloading vehicles on site.
- Operating the dryer plant in line with daily requirements and relevant SOPs once training has been received
The Ideal Candidate
- A counterbalance FLT licence to 2.5t would be an advantage.
- Operate with a safety first mindset, and be able to do this whilst not remaining under constant supervision
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Good basic level of numeracy
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited