At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our friendly team based in Colchester.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful Operative will be responsible for actively participating and taking ownership of activities to ensure plant safety, plant availability, production output and quality.
You will also take responsibility for:
- Meeting daily production target requirements.
- Reporting of data for quality purposes.
- Moving, loading and unloading product from the plant and vehicles
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround.
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Fork Lift Truck Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
Fork Lift Truck license – advantageous
Along with the role of Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #operative #loadingshovel #skilledoperative
Tarmac Trading Limited
Tarmac Trading Limited