At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for Operative’s to join our Traffic Management team. This role will be located from our site in Chester-Le-Street and you will be required to travel across the Northern region; up to the Scottish borders.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As an Operative you will be responsible; as a part of a team, to work and support the successful delivery of traffic management schemes by Tarmac and our sub-contractors to achieve the successful overall delivery of the project.
Other responsibilities for this role of Operative will include:
- The installation, maintenance, removal and recording of temporary traffic management and control systems
- Working unsupervised for all general traffic management duties which you will be trained for and be competent to undertake as part of a team
- Completing traffic management day to day responsibilities upon instruction of the Foreman and/or Supervisor
- Support H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works
- Work to ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Support environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Ensure traffic management compliance
- Collaborate, promote and develop Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in the Operative role you will ideally have experience of working within a similar role within a busy working environment. You will also:
- Have experience of working within a similar role in the Highways industry
- Possess good communication skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be able to travel across the north of the UK up to the Scottish borders
- A valid and Full UK Driving Licence
- Manual Handling
- NHSS 12A/B (or D TMO skills card)
- Experience in all Highways Works / Highways Maintenance
- LGV/HGV licence
In addition to the role of Operative we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited