Optimisation Finance Analyst
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking a Optimisation Finance Analyst to join Tarmac. Although the role is based at our Solihull Head Office, we are currently employing a flexible, hybrid working model.
This role will see you partner closely with the business, to provide analysis and insight to the National Logistics Business Performance team and regional leads. You will conduct analysis on the performance of a range of initiatives aimed at reducing logistics costs across Tarmac, increasing utilisation, delivering operational efficiencies; and supporting the business in delivering enhanced profitability throughout our haulage network. This is an excellent opportunity for an analytics professional to develop their career in a large organisation that is part of a FTSE100 group, and an opportunity to impact substantial cost savings across Logistics and also the wider business.
To be successful in this role, you will of course be comfortable with working with large volumes of complex data, therefore experience of using Excel to an advanced level is required. Experience of database interrogation will also be required, and knowledge of SAP, SQL or Python would also be advantageous. You will also possess strong relationship building skills and be able to communicate analysis in a clear and impactful manner. Experience of visualisation
- To establish and lead on the ongoing development and reporting of key Logistics initiatives, linking KPIs and performance metrics to financial performance through robust and defined methodologies on items including: Materials Load Size cost and margin efficiencies; Night Scheme vehicle management and rationalisation; Rail Optimisation and usage where beneficial vs. road; Internal fleet transfer costs and external hire reduction
- To build effective partner relationships and provide specialist support to the Logistics Performance team on the impact and influence of strategic decision making on Optimisation delivery; identifying risks and opportunities to targeted performance improvement, and highlighting for recognition areas of best practice and underperformance
- To support the National, Regional finance teams and Distribution Managers in the understanding of performance against initiatives and benchmarking of KPIs
- Contribute to Forecasting of distribution costs led by the National Finance team
- Provide initiative focused self help reporting and analysis tools through Excel, SAP/BW and PowerBI to support the delivery of revenue and margin enhancement
The Ideal Candidate
- High proficiency and knowledge of analytical modelling skills and techniques, utilising Excel, SAP/BW, PowerBI, Access/SQL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build and develop relationships and networks
- A proven track record of delivery of key control information and contribution to improvement action plans
- Ability to work under pressure
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities including: BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited