Permit Coordinator - Hybrid Working
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate and dynamic Permit Coordinator looking for your next role? This is a Hybrid Working position.
We are currently recruiting for a Permit Coordinator to join our fantastic team here at Tarmac Halton and Warrington site, in Merseyside. The role is easily commutable from Warrington, Liverpool, Bootle, Wallasey, West Kirkby, Birkenhead, Stockport, Salford, Ellesmere Port, Widnes, Runcorn, Halewood, Bolton, Wigan, St Helens, Northwich, Knutsford, Lymm, Chester, Manchester, Stockport and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Contracts Manager, you as the Permit Coordinator will work as part of the dedicated highways team on the Halton and Warrington TSC, the role involves close liaison with the client and Highways Team to establish works programmes for various workstreams, ensuring compliance with road space booking requirements and associated permits and monitoring of works on site and close liaison with key supply chain partners.
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive):
- Work with the Contracting team and help to deliver all Works on the Halton and Warrington TSC
- Ensure / manage all works are correctly noticed in accordance with the TMA Act / EToN6 permitting systems / procedures, along with clear communication of Road space granted
- Work closely with internal and external suppliers to reduce any delays
- Communicate effectively with both our internal and external customers in relation to all site requirements. i.e. SHE, Programmes, Road space, Quality
- Agree a programme of works to completion with client and regularly provide updates to promote; and ensure a proactive and positive working relationship
- Public Rights of Way Network and report any defects to be addressed e.g. Missing Handrails on steps and bridges, damage to structures, boardwalks etc.
- Meeting programme deadlines and ensuring contract compliance incl KPI targets
- Carryout inspections on the Halton and Warrington Highway Network to identify safety defects and raise works if and when required
- Work in line with the companies Safety, Health & Environmental policies
In the role you will be in liaison with stakeholders across the business, ranging from – General Managers – Commercial Managers – Contracts Managers - Supply Chain – National and Regional THS Contracting teams – Customers – Local Authorities
This is a DAY’S role working Monday – Friday with the flexibility of hybrid working on completion of role training
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of Permit Coordinator, you will ideally have experience within a similar position within a highway’s environment as a Permit Coordinator but training will be provided for the permitting systems for the right candidate, if you have a technical background, then this may just be the role for you.
- Technical background, ideally from within the civils sector, but transferable technical experience would prove highly beneficial
- Confident in dealing with complex issues, and demonstrate the ability to do so on a regular basis
- Highways Maintenance Experience – Understanding of build process and timelines along with Traffic Management guidance (Chapter 8)
- Knowledge and Skills of works in LA Maintenance along with experience and knowledge of road space application standards
- Contracting Methods – knowledge of contracts methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contracts
- Technical Level – demonstrate a high level of ability, advanced knowledge and techniques to pass on to others
- Ability to work unsupervised but be confident enough to call for help when needed
In addition to the role of Permit Coordinator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #PermitCoordinator #Streetworkscoordinator #Highwayscoordinator #technicalcoordinator #engineeringcoordinator #technicaladministrator #engineeringadministrator
Tarmac Trading Limited