Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently looking for a Project Planner to join our team in Southwest England covering regions such as Somerset, Devon, Bristol and Wiltshire.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role will cover effective programme management for numerous highway infrastructure schemes within the Southwest England.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager for the schemes, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner with other team members
- Managing personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
- Treating Health and Safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
- Drawing up a construction programme.
- Assimilating information and summarising in a manner that can be used to communicate the workscope to others.
- Defining methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and other team members, including the supply chain in appropriate circumstances. ·
- Preparing a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with expectations and requirements.
- Contributing to the risk register and undertake programme risk analysis.
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods.
- Preparing resource schedules for use at review.
- Preparing/maintaining and communicating the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting.
- Compiling the forecast programmes, complete with line managements forecast resources, and maintaining progress reporting to contribute to labour and plant efficiency and other forms of reporting.
- Contributing to the identification of change and undertaking assessments of the time effects.
- Encouraging and / or contributing method and output feedback.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate and/ or Chartered civil engineer.
- Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- Proficient and experienced user of Planning Software packages
- Competent user of Word and Excel
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.
Tarmac Trading Limited