At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Planning Coordinator to join our team in Buxton, Derbyshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role will act as the first line planning and co-ordinating contact for hauliers and external contractors to ensure the effective planning of shipping of products from mortar plants. You will also support local plant management to focus on operational and commercial excellence in delivering profitable material solutions to the customer.
On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Liaise with hauliers on daily safety risks
- Plan shipping effectively to ensure compliance with haulier lone working policy and working hours regulations
- Support plant management with other reasonable duties, such as material ordering, maintain time sheets, etc.
- Liaise with production team to sync production and shipping effectively to ensure production and delivery targets are met
- Be responsible for building an effective daily shipping plan through liaison with customers and internal teams
- Coordinate vehicle availability
- Input accurate data daily to provide KPI visibility to operations, commercial and logistics teams. This data is to enable continuous improvement initiatives to be identified
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally, you will have a Full UK Driving Licence and be an effective communicator who can adjust communication styles and methods to effectively influence others. Experience working in a manufacturing environment would also be of benefit as would experience in dealing directly with customers.
As well as the role of Planning Coordinator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited