Planning and Permitting Officer
At J B Riney, our people are our company. The way in which we treat our people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
J B Riney is a long- established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
Joining our team as a Planning and Permitting Officer you will be based at our office in Purland Road, Thamesmead where you will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and a great range of benefits.
In this role you will work closely with the Contracts Manager, Supervisors, Client and Network management team to permit, programme and monitor works. You will be responsible for ensuring that all works are permitted in accordance with the TMA act 2004 and defined local procedure.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all works are correctly noticed in accordance with the TMA Act/LoPs/NRSWA on Street Manager daily
- Ensuring that the system is updated accordingly and that the manager is informed of updates and of any changes
- Reviewing programmes and permits with the supervisor
- Escalating any issues that arise to higher management
- Informing the clients and network management team of works and issues that are arising
- Populating an excel based works order management system and from this producing/monitoring CSV files detailing updates on works
- Running CSV file updates to monitor progress of completion dates and KPI performance
- Compiling and submission of daily whereabouts
- Assisting with the planning to ensure permits are raised in a timely manner in line with the programme and ensuring target completion dates are met
- Sourcing and providing supporting information to ensure permit applications are approved i.e. TM drawings, TTRO for road closures, signal switch out requests, bus stop closures
- Daily email and telephone communication with client street works team
- Ad hoc admin duties as required such as populating tracker reports using excel
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, we would expect the successful candidate to:
- Have good knowledge of LoPs, TMA Act, NRSWA, Street Manager and Microsoft Excel
- Have previous knowledge of permitting systems – Street Manager 2020 is essential
- Be up to date with the changes in Street Manager
- Be motivated
- Be highly accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Be a good communicator
- Have experience of liaising with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
Tarmac Trading Limited