At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Manager to join and lead our fantastic Plant at Kevin Asphalt, which is located close to Oakmoor, Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire. The site is easily accessible from Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stafford, Burton-on-Trent, Derby, Uttoxeter, Leek, Congleton, Crewe, Stone, Rugeley, Matlock, Belper and surrounding areas
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Plant Manager reports directly to the Area Operations Manager and will manage and be accountable for the Asphalt operations on our plant. Safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role of Plant Manager with cost control, people management, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement being key. Managing plant compliance with business policies and procedures and ensuring that legislative compliance is also a strong aspect of the role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Plant Manager, not exhaustive:
- Leading and active management of the Asphalt operational team
- Promotion of a positive safety culture across site including delivery of toolbox talks, Weekly Safety Briefings and managing the site JCSC meetings
- Manage all aspects of daily production including operational costs and control stocks
- Drive operational performance through KPI’s
- Effectively coach and performance manage all direct reports
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Take responsibility for their own safety and that of colleagues and business partners
- Maintain site housekeeping to a high standard
- Monitor Asphalt production to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements; along with ensuring the plant is in line with our Environmental targets
- Responsible for the budget in relation to the plant you are responsible for, these being both fixed and variable costs
- Delivery of Plant Availability Targets, and hold weekly maintenance meetings with key site stakeholder and management of the Maintenance System
- Month End: Entering figures onto SHE Online, Report monthly Ground Stocks, Gas Oil Intake and usage, ensure all PO’s for the month have been GRN’d and SOX compliance at all times
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- Business Manager - Area Director - Health & Safety team - Procurement and Support teams - National Logistics team - Area Operations teams - Area Commercial teams - Area HR Manager - Industry Bodies - Customers
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Plant Manager you will have experience and knowledge of:
- Experience in Asphalt operations with working knowledge of production processes
- Previous experience of the Asphalt environment would prove highly beneficial - we would consider applications from candidates from a heavy manufacturing / production environment
- Full knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work Systems
- Working knowledge of H&S and Environmental policies
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations
- QCF Level 6 Health, Safety and Environmental
- Able to actively identify and implement site and process improvements
Able to effectively communicate to feed opportunities into customer services / sales
In addition to the role of Plant Manager we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Sitesupervisor #Asphaltsupervisor #Asphaltmanager #Plantmanager #AssistantAsphaltmanager #Asphaltplant #QuarryManager #AssistantQuarryManager #Plantsupervisor #Quarrysupervisor
Tarmac Trading Limited